Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ethics

Hye ol !!!

Feel like wanna share sth. I guess I found answers for my questions in my class..Yeaaa rite..seems like m applying wat I learnt in class into my life rather than onto a piece of paper (exam). hehehe. U know me rite?? Speak less Think More (^_^).

M taking Corporate Ethics. Supposedly m applying ol theories dat I learnt into business but it seems like suite my life bttr =_=" hahahaha..Though I juz learnt 3 theory of ethics, but I like it. Yeaaa~~ its a dry subject but interesting.

Juz wanna share a few points from my class. Ive learnt 2 theory of ethics: Kantian and Utilitarian. In order to classify them depend on 2 things: look at the consequences or look at the action itself. For both theory have difference perspective. Kantian think about others n not ourself but utilitarian think about ourself n how it effect others. I owez asking around, do we should be selfish? This theory answered my question.

For Kantian it has 2 view point: put ourself in shoes of receiver and never treats other ppls as a means but as an end. This apply to high level of organization. M sorry but no offense. This only wat I think n m not totally rite. You may have ur own views. Sometimes, ppl at the top didn't understand ppl at the bottom. Get wat I meant? Its true bos / superior can give instructions to employee/ subordinate. However, do u realize the way u give and instruction?? U r saying like they r ur slave. C'mon~~ Instruction, Order, Ask and Begging is diff. Can't u differentiate it?

Lastly, Theory of Right. It has a lot of points but m juz wanna focus on Aristotle's Theory of Virtue Right. Wat is virtue?? It meant character trait that manifest itself in habitual action. We cant change in a blink of eyes. It takes time. Dont expect ppl may change as wat u wanna them to be. No one is perfect neither me. Dats wat m telling u now. We cant force love and attitude but we can nurture them. We cant expect ppl to love us in a minute..Hellooooo~~ its not a fairy tale okeyh~~hahahaha..Same goes to attitude. Another point, he said dat, we should determine moderate character. Diz answered my question " How to differentiate between arrogant and courage?" The answer is, if u r tooooo courage, u r arrogant. If u r not courage u r coward. Be moderate by juz being courage.

Enaaafff!!!toooo many theories in the early of the day....hahahaha..ok fine..I stop here...

p/s: I found it is a nice says " We can juz bring the horse to the river BUT we cant force the horse to drink". Wat I think is, we don't know whether the horse is thirsty or not. So, y should we bring it there? Yeaa we cant force it. If it didnt thirsty, y should it drink?? rite?? Y must blaming the horse?? U should know the horse bttr. Whether it thirsty or not. Know it bttr..

3 comments:

gäãra-dě-sañd said...

hehe.. again, another good analogy.. but u know what? u should read on Theory of Right again.. hehe..

wootiq said...

mongols did not bring their horse ti the well to drink...instead they open up their horses vein and drink the blood that gushes if the horses refrain from drinking....this is the reason they manage to conquer the abassid empire.

- - WiZ GaL - - said...

Eira...wat subject is that???... sound so headahce ...hehe

About

Different People Different Attitude. It Just a Matter of What They Prefer